Friday, May 1, 2015

2015 Nurses' Ball Part I: Pop Goes The Liesl

    2013's Nurses' Ball opened with the singing and dancing nurses.  2014's ball opened with Liesl Obrecht hijacking the opening number with "Wilkommen".   2015 started with a little bit of both.   The Nurses did their number, but Liesl followed shortly after with "99 Luftballoons," popping every balloon in sight as she sang.   Ric began his number by giving Liz a ring, but halfway through "Marry You" Carly and Pete crashed the party by revealing Ric's scam with Hayden.   Meanwhile, Britt sneaks into Wyndemere and talks Spencer into coming to the ball.   Nikolas has big news about Jake for Liz.

      I'm a sucker for the Nurses' Ball.  It's fun to watch the cast cut loose with song and dance and there's always soapy drama and big reveals among the musical numbers.   My only disappointment is that Helena wasn't somehow freed from exile to sing a duet with Liesl or even a number of her own.  Constance Towers has Broadway cred and while it may be a little out of character for the Queen of Evil to sing and dance on a stage, surely that could be overlooked for the treat of seeing Connie perform.  That said, Kathleen Gati has a fabulous voice and adds a lot to the Nurses' Ball with Liesl Obrecht's hilarious over-the-top numbers.

        WYNDEMERE

      NIKOLAS:  Hey Spencer, it's not to late to change your mind about the Nurses' Ball.
      SPENCER:  I will not allow my hideosity to be captured on film.
      LULU:  Oh, Spencer, Auntie Lulu doesn't think you're hideous.
      SPENCER:  Thanks, Auntie Lulu, but I think I'll watch it on Access Port Chuckles just the same.
      NIKOLAS:  If you do end up changing your mind, Chandler is here for whatever whim strikes you.

       METROCOURT

       LUCY:  Impending Nurses' Ball Freakout!   Was I on LSD when I picked out my wardrobe?   I CAN'T EVEN with these dresses!
       FELIX:  Come on, Ms. Coe.  All that really matters are that your skivvies are the height of couture.
       LUCY:  You have a point...

     BRAD'S APARTMENT

      BRAD:  Come ON!  Is it too much to ask for ONE PERSON to make a fool of themselves on the red carpet.
      BRITT:  I know, really?   I came all this way, risking my FREEDOM to snark and we've got nothing but a pregnant grandmother!

     METROCOURT

     REPORTER:  Up next we have the dorkalicious ginger nerd cutie Ellie Trout along with Mr. Ab-Tastic Nathan West.
      MAXIE:  (falling flat on her face) Say WHAAAAAAAT?

    BRAD'S APARTMENT

    BRAD:  Instant replay!
    BRAD & BRITT:  One, two three SPLAT!  
    BRAD:  Replay is inconclusive.  We have to do it again.
 
    METROCOURT

   CARLY:  Mind hanging out in the janitor's closet until Ric's number?   If you're bored, you can always wax the floor.
   PETE:  I came all this way and skipped my auditions to stare at bottles of Clorox?  
  CARLY:  Fine, don't wax the floor.  Check your twitter feed, update your facebook status, play tetris, just STAY PUT until you get the signal!

    NURSES:  Welcome to the Nurses Ball!
    LIESL:  Neun und Neunzig  Luftballoons!  POP! POP! POP! POP!
    RIC:  I think I want to marry you!
    CARLY:  Think again.  Let's give a warm Nurses' Ball welcome to Fake Jake, a.k.a. Pete Ross
    RIC:  What the...
    CARLY:  BUSTED!   You set this all up to STEAL Elizabeth from my friend Jake.  Sorry, Hayden.  Honeymoon is OVAH!
    JAKE:  What the...
    HAYDEN:  Is she on drugs?
    LIZ:  I...Ric...Gotta...go!

     WYNDEMERE

      SPENCER:  BRITT!   I thought I'd never SEE you again!
      BRITT:  Hey, Spence!   What's your handsome self doing all alone in a spooky castle and not rocking your bad self at the Nurses' Ball?
     SPENCER:  (pointing to his mask) Exhibit A.  I am disfigured.
     BRITT:  Pfffffft!   You look so badass in that mask.  Like the Phantom of the Opera.   Come on, you know you want to be at that Nurses' Ball on Emma's arm.
     SPENCER:  Britt, you're the smartest person I know.

     BACKSTAGE AT METROCOURT

      LIZ:  (slaps Ric) You dirty lying BASTARD!   
      RIC:  It was the only way to get you away from Mr. Amnesia and back with the man who loves you and knows you love me.
      LIZ:  SCREW YOU!   You totally took advantage of poor, memory-less Jake and you're the same manipulative creep I broke up with about 50 times already.
      RIC:  Come ON, you barely knew Jake.  You don't even know if Jake is is real name.   I was saving you from trying to fix yet another lost soul.
      LIZ:  Go away, Ric and NEVER COME BACK!

      NURSES' BALL

      LUCY: And here is Brad Cooper to finish what Mr. Lansing started.
      BRAD:  Challenge accepted!   Lucas, I think I want to marry you.
      LUCAS:  Say WHAAAAAAAAAT?
 
     BACKSTAGE

     JAKE:  So you're not really my wife and I can get back with Uhlizabeth?  Is your name really Hayden, by the way?
     HAYDEN:  No, it's an alias.  My real name is Edna Van Klumpf.   Ha ha!  Gotcha.  Yes, my name really is Hayden.  I just don't know you from a hole in the wall and I'd rather have sex with a prince in his castle with a moat.
     JAKE:  Well, that's a relief, but Ric's gonna get it.   He doesn't know about my special skill set, but he soon will.

    LIZ:  I can't believe I fell for Ric's pack of lies yet AGAIN!   On the upside, Jake is free and I'm gonna snap him up before somebody else does.
    NIK:  I wouldn't do that if I were you.
    LIZ:  Why the hell not?
    NIK:  Jake is married.
    LIZ:  Did you not see the spectacle that just took place.  Hayden is a fake and Jake is SINGLE!
    NIK:  Only Jake isn't Jake.  He's JASON!
    LIZ:  Say WHAAAAAAAAT?   
        

       

5 comments:

  1. "REPORTER: Up next we have the dorkalicious ginger nerd cutie Ellie Trout"

    Hahaha. Yeah I thought it was funny when he reporter said dorkalicious! :)

    " CARLY: Fine, don't wax the floor. Check your twitter feed, update your facebook status, play tetris, just STAY PUT until you get the signal!"

    AND play candy crush! :)

    " MAXIE: (falling flat on her face) Say WHAAAAAAAT?

    LUCAS: Say WHAAAAAAAAAT?

    LIZ: Say WHAAAAAAAAT? "

    Yeah basically ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What has been your favorite number so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr O with the 99 luft balloons and her popping them! ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my favorite too, hence the title "Pop Goes The Liesl" LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title and love Dr O!!! :)

    ReplyDelete