Friday, September 4, 2015

Carly & Sonny's Wedding #5: Groom Down!

       If you're a soap opera character, the most dangerous day of your life might be your wedding day and Sonny Corinthos, mob kingpin, is the latest casualty of Groom Got Shot Syndrome.  A hidden assailant shoots him as he orders Charlie at gunpoint to untie TJ.   Back at Sonny's house, all decked out for the blessed event, Morgan worries about his dad and Michael tries to calm his concerns.   Bobbie, Maxie, Valerie, and Lulu give Carly her something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. 
 
       At Wyndemere, Sloane flips on Jake and Sam by having Nikolas's back.  Jordan and Anna reunite in Jordan's office and the new commish encourages Anna to go for it with Sloane.  Olivia runs into Julian on the pier. 

       WAREHOUSE

         SONNY:  Hey, No-Neck Charlie, let the kid go. 
         CHARLIE:  Fat chance.   Kid's got a big mouth on him.
         SONNY:  You know he's the Commish's son, don't you, Charlie?   Screw Julian and untie TJ.
         CHARLIE:  Who said anything about Julian? 
         SONNY:  He's your BOSS, genius.   You're just waiting for him to show up, am I right?
         CHARLIE:  Wrong.  I don't work for no Julian Jerome.  I just said that to stay outta da slammer.
          SONNY:  Let TJ go.  This is between you and me, No-Neck.
          TJ:  No, Mr. C!  Don't let him shoot you!  Carly will be pissed!
          CHARLIE:  Shut up, kid, or I'll plug you too!

        PIER

          JULIAN:  Fancy meeting you here.   Don't you know it's dangerous to hang out at these piers at night with all those scary mobsters lurking around? 
          OLIVIA:  Where's your main squeeze?  I thought you had Alexis surgically attached to your...never mind, there's a kid here. 
          JULIAN:  Hey, Rocco!   It's me, Julian, the non-mobster. 
          OLIVIA:  Not buyin' it, Julian.  I know you've been doin' some mobbing on the side. 
          JULIAN:  What makes you think that? 
          OLIVIA:  You had one of your goons hijack Sonny's shipment, remember?   Isn't that why you got arrested? 
          JULIAN:  Trust me, Olivia, when I tell you that I'm 100% goon-free. 

        CARLY'S HOUSE

         MAXIE:  Carly. Wedding dress. Now.  CHOP-CHOP!
         CARLY:  Maxie. Chill pill. Now.   The wedding is still a few hours away and Mom, Lulu, and Valerie aren't even here yet. 
          MAXIE:  Nice flowers.   Who are they from?
          CARLY:  Jake.  He stopped by to wish me good luck.
          MAXIE:  Good luck explaining those to Sonny. 
          CARLY:  What my hubby-to-be for the fifth time doesn't know won't hurt him.  But hide them in the kitchen just the same. 

          JORDAN'S OFFICE

          JORDAN:  Anna and Kyle sitting in a tree.  K-I-S-S-I-N---
          ANNA:  It's too soon, Jordan!   Duke's ashes are still fresh. 
          JORDAN:  But if you like him, you should totally go for it.
          ANNA:  You really think so? 
          JORDAN:  If he makes you happy...

         WYNDEMERE

          SAM:  Go ahead, Sloane.  Give us all the deets about how you helped Nikolas rig the election in Lomax' favor.
           SLOANE:  Well, it all started with the missing ballot box...Who am I kidding?   Nikolas had nothing to do with rigging the election.   His hands are clean.
          SAM:  Liar, liar, pants on fire.
          JAKE:  Should have known we couldn't trust this guy. 
          NIKOLAS:  See?  My hands are clean, Sam.  You have no leverage here to make me give up ELQ, so if you don't mind, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CASTLE, YOU TRAITOROUS COUSIN.   Maybe my grandmother was right about you all along.
          HAYDEN:  Well, that was great theatre.  Do you have any more disgruntled relatives trying to throw you in jail if you don't hand over questionably acquired businesses? 

          SONNY'S HOUSE

         MORGAN:  Where's Dad, man?  I'm really starting to get worried about him.
         MICHAEL:  Did he get chloroformed, blindfolded, or dragged away under duress? 
         MORGAN:  No.
         MICHAEL:  Then he's fine. 
         MORGAN:  He just took a phone call and then left.
         MICHAEL:  He'll be back before the wedding.  Mom wouldn't let him miss that. 

         CARLY'S HOUSE
 
        MAXIE:  Here's something new.   Girl, you really need to update your jewelry collection. 
        CARLY:  It's beautiful!  And I don't see any hideous, thinly-disguised spy cameras on it.  After my last wedding, it doesn't hurt to check.
        VALERIE:  Here's something borrowed.  That means I want it back.   It belonged to my mom and my grandma.   You know, the one who looked like you.
        CARLY:  OMG, I'm gonna cry!   Thank you, newfound cuz!  
        BOBBIE:  Here's something old.   This was your baby bonnet that I kept because I couldn't keep you.   I made it into a hanky because I knew this would make you cry. 
        CARLY:  This is amazing, Mom!   I never had any actual proof that I was once a baby.
        LULU:  And here's something blue for when you play that Beyonce song for all the single ladies. 
        CARLY:   A blue garter.  At least it will match my dress!   White makes me think of my last wedding and you know how that went. 

         WAREHOUSE

          SONNY:  (pointing gun at Charlie)  Who's giving orders now?  ME, THAT'S WHO!   Untie TJ, NOW! 
          HIDDEN ASSAILANT'S GUN:  BANG!
          TJ:  Mr. C! 
          SONNY:  DAMMIT!   (falls to the ground) 

          OUTSIDE WAREHOUSE, ON PIER

          JAKE:  ANOTHER gunshot?   This town, seriously!  Sam, you and me could make a k--I mean a fortune--making Kevlar vests. 

3 comments:

  1. "Carly & Sonny's Wedding #5: Groom Down!"

    Groom down! ROFL!

    "MICHAEL: Did he get chloroformed, blindfolded, or dragged away under duress?
    MORGAN: No.
    MICHAEL: Then he's fine."

    ROFL! Oh yes he is fine alright. :)

    " CARLY: This is amazing, Mom! I never had any actual proof that I was once a baby."

    Hahahaha! Now you have proof! :)

    "HIDDEN ASSAILANT'S GUN: BANG! "

    Who is that masked hand??! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who is that masked hand??! :)"

    Excellent question...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! That masked hand needs to come out of hiding! :)

    ReplyDelete