Friday, March 4, 2016

I Want My Day In Court

     Major props to Bryan Craig, Maurice Benard and Laura Wright today for those challenging scenes in the hospital when Morgan learns he's going to be committed.   They were hard to watch because they were so raw and so powerful as Morgan begs his parents to let him come home.  I'm surprised it was some other facility and not Shadybrook (or Ferncliff) that Dr.Maddox recommended. 

      Elsewhere in The Chuckles, Lulu and Dante both get the finalized divorce papers in the mail.   Dante urges Nathan to come clean to Maxie about Claudette.  Julian confronts Ava about her business with Raj and Dixon.   A visitor wakes Kiki from her coma. 

      
         MORGAN'S HOSPITAL ROOM

       ANDRE:  How's it going, Morgan? 
      MORGAN:  It's the AWESOMESAUCE, Andre, my man!   I'm gettin' OUTTA HERE tonight!   Diane's gonna keep me outta prison and Mom and Dad are going to take me home sweet home where I can snap Kiki out of her coma and be the WORLD'S BEST BOYFRIEND to her!   Everything's comin' up roses, man!   ROSES!  
      ANDRE:  About that...we need to talk about your medication.   Why did you stop taking it? 
      MORGAN:  Remember when I was on the roof, talking about how Little Morgan wasn't doing his thing when I was on the meds?   After I chucked the pills, I took another chick for a test drive and Little Morgan was ready, willing, and able.  Of course, Kiki HAD to walk in on me and this other chick, but she still cared enough about me to come down to the pier when I was about to be done in by the bad gun dude.   Bad idea, Kiki.  Very bad idea.   Can I see Kiki?   I promise I won't do anything stupid like unplug her or anything.
     ANDRE:  I'll look into it.  


       MAXIE'S APARTMENT

     DANTE:  So, how's the walking wounded?  
     NATHAN:  Itchin' to get back to doing my cop thing.   What's up with you, partner?
     DANTE:  Just got these divorce papers in the mail.  
     NATHAN:  I thought you and Lulu were getting your couple mojo back.  I mean, you saved her life and everything.  
     DANTE:  Yeah, I pulled her from the freezing February water in Port Chuckles Harbor, but then I made the mistake of asking her to come home with me and sleep in The Bed of Infidelity.   That scared the crap out of her and she moved back into the Haunted Mansion with her brother.  
     NATHAN:  Bummer, dude!   Well, at least you don't have a French ex-girlfriend leaving random gloves in your tux and entering your brain while you're on the joy juice.  


     FLOATING RIB

    MAXIE:  So, how's life back at the loft with Dante?  
    LULU:  Who says I'm back in spitting distance of The Bed of Infidelity?   Rocco and I are living at Wyndemere with Nikolas and Spencer...and Hayden and soon Elizabeth, Cameron, Jake and Aiden.   It's like Fuller House, Cassadine-style.   But I'm defintely DJ.  Elizabeth can be Stephanie and Hayden is Kimmy Gibbler.  
   MAXIE:  Which would make Hayden your best friend.  
   LULU:  I really need to rethink this. 
   MAXIE:  I couldn't agree more.   Move back in with the man you love, who saved your life by the way. 
   LULU:  Did I forget to mention the Bed of Infidelity. 
  MAXIE:  Yeah, there's that.  Have you considered fumigation?   By the way, here's your mail. 
   LULU:  What's this?   The final divorce decree?   Well, cancel the bed-burning.  My marriage is OVAH!   At least the man YOU love is an honest man who would NEVER tell a lie.  He's like George Washington, 30 years younger and minus the wooden teeth. 
   MAXIE:  Yeah, about that...


   OUTSIDE ICU

     JULIAN:  How's my comatose niece?
     AVA:  Still comatose.   What if she stays this way, Julian?   What if my daughter is a vegetable?
     JULIAN:  She's not a vegetable, Ava.   She's too sweet to be a vegetable.  If anything, she's more of a fruit.  
     AVA:  Does that mean you thing she'll wake up?
     JULIAN:  Sure she will.   Then, I will tell her to put out a 5 billion mile restraining order on Morgan.   Where's my other niece, by the way?
     AVA:  I had a moment of insanity and gave her to Sonny.  
     JULIAN:  Say WHAAAAAAAAAAT???

    
   SONNY & CARLY'S HOUSE

   SONNY:  Morgan is NOT being sent to the looney bin. 
   CARLY:  Yes he is!
   SONNY:  No he isn't!
   CARLY:  YES HE IS!
   SONNY:  NO HE ISN'T! 
  
   
   MORGAN'S HOSPITAL ROOM

  MORGAN:  Hi Mom, Hi Dad!  What's for dinner?
  CARLY:  About that...
  MORGAN:  You're bring me home, right?   I promise I'll do my homework, go to bed at 9, mow the lawn, take out the trash...
  SONNY:  Morgan, there's been a change of plans. 
  MORGAN:  Say WHAAAAAAAAAT??? 
  DIANE:  You have two choices, Morgan:  You can go to the looney bin or your can go on trial and possibly to the hoosegow.  
  MORGAN:  I'll take my day in court because I CAN BEAT THIS and YOU'RE THE BESTEST LAWYER THAT EVER EXISTED! 
  CARLY:  Wrong answer!   Tell him, Dr. Maddox. 
  ANDRE:  You're headed to a place called The Friedman Clinic. 
  CARLY:  What about Shadybrook and the rec room chess buddies?   Or was it checkers? 
  ANDRE:  They've been taken hostage by a woman holding syringes and demanding BLTs.   All things considered, I believe the Friedman Clinic is safer.  
  MORGAN:  YOU'RE SENDING ME TO THE LOONEY BIN????   SCREW YOU!  ALL OF YOU!!!  I WANNA GO HOOOOOOOOME!   
  CARLY:  Been there, sweetie.  Done that, all hell broke loose and you were two seconds away from jumping off the roof.   This is for your own good.  
  SONNY:  Your mom's right, son.  I really hate when that happens, but your mom's right. 
  MORGAN:  How come YOU never had to go to the looney bin, Dad?  
  CARLY:  Because I went instead.   Ferncliff.  1999.  There's no shame in having been in the bin, honey.  
  MORGAN:  YOU (pointing to Carly) YOU (pointing to Sonny) YOU (pointing to Diane) and YOU (pointing to Andre) GO TO HELL!!!!!   But Andre, you gotta let me see Kiki first. 


   OUTSIDE ICU

   JULIAN:  Why didn't you tell me that you were running guns with the likes of Raj and Dixon?  
   AVA:  Why?  So you could beat them up and tell them "Don't mess with my little sister!"?   Aren't you kinda OUT of the business, Julian?
   JULIAN:  Yes, I'm still on a mob-free diet, but if I'd have known you've been running around with the likes of those no-necks...
   AVA:  I was forced to, against my will, by the D.A.  He had gotten his hands on something very valuable to me.  
   JULIAN:  Did he threaten Kiki or Avery?   The offer to beat them up still stands. 
   AVA:  I said someTHING, not someONE.   An object, Julian.  
   JULIAN:  Don't tell me you and your boy toy made a sex tape!
   ANDRE:  My patient wants to see Kiki on his way to the inpatient mental health facility. 
   MORGAN:  That's shrink for looney bin.  
   JULIAN:  Not. Gonna. Happen. 
   AVA:  I hate Morgan's guts as much as you do, big brother, but he has this bizarre hold over Kiki.  Maybe he can snap her out of this coma.

   
     MAXIE'S APARTMENT

     MAXIE:  I come bearing drugs.  
     NATHAN:  Are you sure you want me to take them?   Last time I was doped up, I declared my love to Claudette.  
     MAXIE:  So what if Claudette IS human.   I TRUST you, Nathan.   I choose TRUST.  
    

     KIKI'S ICU ROOM

      MORGAN:  Say something, I'm leaving Port Chuckles.   I'm on my way to the looney bin.   Because I've got to get my brain fixed.   Say something while I'm still in this room.   And I, I'm feeling so small.  Bipolar's got in my head, and it caused me to fall.   Say something, just wake the hell up soon!   (leaves)
      KIKI:  (eyelid flutter eyelid flutter eyelid flutter lips moving) M...Morgan?  
   
  

    

2 comments:

  1. "Major props to Bryan Craig, Maurice Benard and Laura Wright today for those challenging scenes in the hospital when Morgan learns he's going to be committed."

    Yeah! They were fantastic!!

    "LULU: Who says I'm back in spitting distance of The Bed of Infidelity?"

    Hahahaha!

    "MAXIE: Which would make Hayden your best friend.
    LULU: I really need to rethink this."

    Yes you would! Hahahaha!

    "SONNY: Morgan is NOT being sent to the looney bin.
    CARLY: Yes he is!
    SONNY: No he isn't!
    CARLY: YES HE IS!
    SONNY: NO HE ISN'T!"

    BAHAHAHAHHA!

    "KIKI: (eyelid flutter eyelid flutter eyelid flutter lips moving)"

    Hahaha. Go back to sleep Kiwi!

    ReplyDelete