Thursday, April 2, 2015

R.I.P. Patricia Spencer

   Dang it!  I really liked Patricia in the short time she was on.  Dee Wallace did such an amazing job playing her.  Even though she was only onscreen for a few days, I'm so sad to see her pass away at the end of today's eppy.   Luke will be devastated when he finds out she's gone.   The scenes with Luke, Lucas and Carly were touching and Valerie's grief over her mother's death was just heartbreaking.  

    Besides the Spencers, we had Liz and Patrick having a heart-to-heart about Ric, Ric and Sam sniping at each other, and Jake and Hayden trying to connect.   Before the scenes at the Elm Street house, Carly filled Lucas in her suspicions about Hayden.  

    OAK HILL

     VALERIE:  OMG, where's my mom?   Did your psycho dad kill her?  His own sister?  
     LULU:  Valerie, that monster that you met was not my real father.  It was his alternate personality, Lucifer.   Your real uncle Luke is good man. 
     VALERIE:  That makes about as much sense as my fake cat, COUSIN.   Your monster of a father or his evil twin had a gun.  
      DANTE:  The gun is still here.  
      VALERIE:  Take me to my mother.  NOW!!!! 

      ELM STREET HOUSE 

     LUKE:  I killed my mother and my father.   How am I supposed to live with myself now?  
     PATRICIA:  Luke, our mother's death was an accident.   As for Daddy, he was a mean, drunken bastard and you killed him to protect all of us.  
     LUKE:  Do you really believe that, Pat?  When I look in the mirror, I see Tim Spencer, just like he said I would.   I've become my mean drunken bastard of a father. 
     TRACY:  No, Luke, you haven't.  You were a traumatized kid and carrying that burden for 52 years has made you sick.  We are going to help you get better.  
     LUKE:  Is that even possible?   Can I get better?
     TRACY:  Damn straight you will.   You'll do it for my sake if nothing else. 
     LUKE:  That's my spanky.
     TRACY:  Your spanky loves you very much and I have never given up on you.
     LUKE:  Bobbie, oh, Barbara Jean, I tried to kill your son twice.   I don't know how you can ever forgive me for that.
     BOBBIE:  I do forgive you, Luke.
     PATRICIA:  It's all my fault for keeping this secret all these years.   That night, after Bill and I buried Daddy in that basement wall, I put you and Bobbie on a bus to Florida to live with your Aunt Ruby.   I stayed behind because I was afraid my being around would cause you to remember what happened that night. 
     LUKE:  You stayed away because of me?  
     PATRICIA:  I had to protect you, Luke, just like you protected us from Daddy ever hurting us again. 

     HOSPITAL

     LIZ:  About Jake.  He's married. 
     PATRICK:  Married married? 
     LIZ:  He has the ring and everything.   We were on our first date and who rings the doorbell but Jake's wife?  
     PATRICK:  That had to be weird.   Where's she been all these months?   Living under a rock?
     LIZ:  Pretty much.  She said she had a fight with Jake and though he'd left her.   Now Ric wants me back.
     PATRICK:  What says you?
     LIZ:  Yes...and no.  He was really understanding about the wife thing, but do I really want him as my fallback guy?   It's not like I haven't had a fallback guy before, but still...
     PATRICK:  Say, why don't we go on a friend-zone date?
     LIZ:  Aren't you spoken for?   What will Sam think?
     PATRICK:  She's busy packing so she can move in with you.
     LIZ:  Move in?  Intriguing. 

     METROCOURT

    CARLY:  How's Mom?   Did she find Uncle Luke?
    LUCAS:  She, Tracy, and our Aunt Patricia found him at the Elm Street house.   He's in a bad way, Carly.  Some family secrets came out and they're all pretty shaken up.   What were you talking to Spinelli about?
    CARLY:  Oh, just checking out the story of one Hayden Barnes, Jake's "wife".  
    LUCAS:  Why the air quotes?   You don't believe the woman's his wife?  And why do you care?
    CARLY:   I think she's playing him.  I don't know what her angle is yet, but I'm going to find out.
    LUCAS:   Do you have a thing for Jake?   I don't blame you.   He's got it goin' on.
    CARLY:  He's my friend and I think he's being taken for a ride.  

     SAM'S APARTMENT

    SAM: Ric, what are you doing here?
    RIC:  Last I checked, Molly lived here.  Molly, as in my daughter.   She and I went to catch a movie and I came back by here to drop her off.
    SAM:  I don't see Molly, so what are you still doing here?
    RIC:  What did it look like I was doing?  I was talking on the phone.
    SAM:  About me?  
    RIC:  The subject of you and Jake came up.   I hear you are his career counselor.  
    SAM:  He needed work so I put in a good word for him with my dad.  What's it to you?  
    RIC:  Don't tell me you're chasing his tail too.   What do women see in this guy?  
    SAM:  Not like it's any of your beeswax, but I'm with Patrick.   Now that I'm moving in with him, I don't have to see your smarmy face around here again.  

     HAYDEN'S HOTEL ROOM

    JAKE:  (to himself) Why am I dreaming about Sam?
    HAYDEN:  Are you okay, Jake?  
    JAKE:  I'll live.  I just had a weird dream about a woman I took hostage, that's all.  
    HAYDEN:  Tell your wife all about it.
    JAKE:  Well, in this dream I was asking her to move in with me.   Why would I do that?   I barely know her.  
     HAYDEN:  Do you always dream about other women in this town?  
     JAKE:  Only a few of them.  
     HAYDEN:  You used to dream about me.  
     JAKE:  If I could remember you well enough to dream about you, I would.  
     HAYDEN:  Let's have sex.
     JAKE:  Not tonight.  We hardly know each other, despite the whole husband and wife thing.
   
     ELM STREET HOUSE

    VALERIE:  Mom, are you okay?   I was so worried your whackjob brother hurt you.  Did he?
     PATRICIA:  No, he didn't hurt me.   I kept a secret from him that hurt him for many years and I finally let that secret out.  
     LULU:  Dad?
     LUKE:  Cupcake!  
     LULU:  OMG, Dad, you're back!   It's really you!  
     LUKE:  It's me alright.  
     VALERIE:  So what, now you're a human being?  Spare me. 
     LULU:  Valerie, my dad is very sick.  He needs help.  
     DANTE:  Sorry, Luke, but I'm going to have to arrest you. 
     TRACY:  Like hell you'll arrest him.  Didn't you hear your wife?  Luke needs professional help, not to be thrown in prison. 
     DANTE:  Luke is a fugitive.   Laws are laws, Tracy. 
     LUKE:  Dante's right.  I did the crimes and now I have to pay for them.  
     DANTE:  I'll take you to the hospital, but I still have to cuff you. 
     LUKE:  Slap 'em on, son-in-law.  
     DANTE:  Let's go.  
     LUKE:  Just a minute.  Lucas, I'm sorry for trying to kill you twice.   Caroline, you look just like your grandmother, our mother.  You're strong like her too.  
     VALERIE:  Mom?  MOM?   OMG, is she...? 
     LUCAS:  I'm afraid she's gone. 
     VALERIE:  No!   No, Mom, you can't leave me!   You can't be gone!   NO, NO NO!  
     CARLY:  You have us.  We're all family. 

3 comments:

  1. "Dang it! I really liked Patricia in the short time she was on. Dee Wallace did such
    an amazing job playing her. Even though she was only onscreen for a few days, I'm so sad to see her pass away at the end of today's eppy."

    Yeah I know!!! It sucks!!!! :(

    "Luke will be devastated when he finds out she's gone"

    Yeah. :(

    "HAYDEN: Let's have sex.
    JAKE: Not tonight. We hardly know each other, despite the whole husband and wife thing."

    ROFL! GreenHayden You better buy that book he is just not that into you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake: I know you're my wife, but I really don't remember ever having sex with you. Was I any good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL! Well like she said. We were at our best! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete