Monday, July 27, 2015

New Head Writers: Intriguing, But A Little Worrisome

     Last Friday, GH gave Ron Carlivati the axe and hired Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman the reigns as the new co-head writers.  I'm not really sure how I feel about this.  Mr. Carlivati came under a lot of fire recently for some of his storylines and some of the criticism was justified.  However, since he took over in 2012, I have been watching the show every day again after many years of barely watching at all.  

      Perhaps looking to a soap opera for comedy (of both the intentional and unintentional varieties) is barking up the wrong tree, but GH livened and lightened up under Carlivati's pen.  Was it patently ridiculous at times, with wacky sci-fi suspension of disbelief?  Sure!   Did far too many characters return for the dead, to the point that when characters do die, it loses emotional impact.  Uh huh.   Was the space-time continuum bent into a pretzel whenever any character had to go from Point A to Point B?   You bet!  Was all this kooky stuff as delicious to this blog as a chocolate chip cookie is to a certain ravenous blue muppet?   Absolutely!  

       I'm willing to give the new head writers a chance to make the show (and, consequently, this blog) as much fun with as much hilarity as it had under Carlivati.  After all, the only alternative is to stop watching and I hope it never comes to that.   The people of Port Chuckles make me laugh, make me cry, make me shake my head in disgust and/or bewilderment, and they make me keep tuning in five days a week.   Here's hoping Ms. Passanante and Ms. Altman give me my Helena fix every so often and bring to light some of the Port Chuckleheads' secrets sooner rather than later.  

1 comment:

  1. It's a bit scary. We don't know what they are going to write. Maybe they came on to help cancel the show! :(

    ReplyDelete